Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Do you consider Elizabeth part of Felicity's collection, or her own collection?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think AG is broadening out two of the collections, first Samantha's and now Felicity's. Pairing dolls is a great idea because it encourages people to buy more clothes and accessories and maybe even doubles of things like beds.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pairing dolls is a great idea because it encourages people to buy more clothes and accessories and maybe even doubles of things like beds.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Another good point. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought Nellie even though I don't have Samantha. Nellie goes with Samantha but I've always felt Nellie had her own story to tell and was as unique as if she was another historical doll added to the American Girl Collection. I always thought Nellie deserved full recognition for her own life and history. She's "valid" as a real American Girl.

    Since I'm more interested in Kit and Josefina and have been collecting for them for years, I'll probably probably think of their friends as "secondary" characters as is AG's original story and marketing intent.

    Interestingly, I'm now more likely to collect for both Samantha and Felicity because of the friends dolls. I'm positively smitten by Elizabeth, just as I was with Nellie. So even though they are considered "friend dolls", somewhat in second place with token wardrobes and accessories, I think of them more as the primary, with Samantha and Felicity being secondary.

    I'm not sure I've explained this well. But Nellie is one of my most favorite dolls and characters of all. I've already bought much of Samantha's wardrobe for her and her friends (my other AG dolls) to wear together. Nellie needs stuff like all the rest. Know what I mean? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I guess it all comes down to what you find most charming in stories and which characters you identify most with. While reading the books, little events and lines tend to stand out as more memorable than others. That's probably why I love Nellie and Elizabeth, Josefina and Kit and Ruthie so much.

    Three stars for the friends dolls!

    Julia

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just curious what you think.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe she is part of Felicity's collection...but then again the only reason I believe so is because AG makes them that way. They made Nellie that way, because in the catalogue it says "Samantha and Nellie, 1904" and so they will probably do the same with Felicity, "Felicity and Elizabeth, 1774."

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's a good point. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thats just me thinking ahead. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I think of Nellie as separate from Samantha as a doll, but I do think of all of Nellie's clothes as "borrowed". I'm not sure if this is because of the story, or if its because I think of Nellie as a doll and Samantha as a collection. I guess I'll find out when Elizabeth comes out, huh?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think she's seperate from Felicity's collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •